Steven Tyler Leaving 'American Idol'

By RAPHAEL CHESTANG
Steven Tyler has announced that he will not be returning to American Idol for its 12th season.

Tyler filled his post on Idol for two seasons following the departure of Kara Dioguardi and Paula Abdul.

"After some long, hard, thoughts, I've decided it's time for me to let go of my mistress 'American Idol' before she boils my rabbit," said Tyler in a statement released by FOX. "I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I'm back -- but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I've got two fists in the air and I'm kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass - the ultimate in auditory takeover…On Nov. 6, we are unleashing our new album, Music from Another Dimension on the Earth, Moon, Mars, and way beyond the stars… Idol was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it…Now it's time to bring Rock Back."

Tyler filled his post on Idol for two seasons following the departure of Kara Dioguardi and Paula Abdul.

"Steven Tyler is a real Idol, a rock legend. If you had told me 10 years ago he would be a judge on American Idol, I would have thought it impossible," stated Idol creator and executive producer Simon Fuller. "The fact that this became a reality and we had the pleasure of him gracing our stage for two seasons makes me very proud. I completely understand his desire to get back to his life as the singer in America's greatest-ever rock band. American Idol will miss him!"

This news comes after Jennifer Lopez's quote to Today this morning, saying that she thinks it's "time for [her] to go" as well. J.Lo's future with the singing competition is still uncertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment