Rob Lowe: "Individuals Usually Do A Better Job Than Collective Big Government"


BILL O'REILLY: You also have said in your promoting of this book that you want less government intrusion. Is that correct? 

ROB LOWE: I do. Yeah. 

O'REILLY: But your pinhead friends in Hollywood they don't want, they want equality for everyone, which take a massive government.

LOWE: Well, I'm -- equality for everybody is great. That would be amazing. I just think that individuals usually do a better job than collective big government.

O'REILLY: So you don't want the government to be telling you how to live, that's kind of a libertarian position.

LOWE: Well, that's funny, does that make me a libertarian? I'm a Hollywood pinhead, Bill, I don't know about political labels.

O'REILLY: The libertarians want less government and more personal freedom which I think is what you are saying.

LOWE: That is what I'm saying.

O'REILLY: So now you're a libertarian?

LOWE: So all this time shedding the dogma of political labels and you're telling me now I have to go back to living under political labels.

O'REILLY: No, no, it's not bad. You just have to hang out with Stossel which is very, very difficult.

LOWE: Well then I take it back.

O'REILLY: You know, I think, look, I'm not a libertarian but I don't think that the government can solve the problems that the government purports to be able to solve.

LOWE: And just for the record we do need government for a lot of big ticket items. Not total.

No comments:

Post a Comment